Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just In Time!


I have just purchased a new book to help me teach Abby about the upcoming Presidential Election. See How They Run looks to be a great guide for children of all ages. In fact, I found myself learning a few things while reading it last night! Between the conventions, political ads and over-the-phone polls, we adults can get a little tired of the whole shebang. However, it is more important than ever to educate our children on the process of electing our leaders. They are, after all, the leaders of tomorrow. Some of the topics are going to be a little over her head. Still, as long as some of the language and concepts are absorbed, I'm hoping to stimulate her interest and maybe lead to a political discussion or two. I want to thank Anna and Mindy for the fiery discussion the other night - proving my belief that we're all in this together, no matter who we're voting for. So, don't forget your little ones this election season. Have a few votes in your own home, visit a monument together or even take them into the voting booth with you in November - but get them interested now and they always will be!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are going to be a great teacher! Thanks for the recommendation on the book. Keep 'em comming. You always have great ideas.