Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm Totally Neurotic


In case you didn't notice, I really like this blogging thing. I don't even really care if anybody is out there reading this stuff, it's just really fun to have a place to say all of the crazy things I have to say. So, speaking of crazy, I was tagged by another blogger friend of mine, Jennifer, and I am going to play along. I actually have 4 of the same neurotic tendencies as she (1, 4, 5 & 6) but I was still able to come up with six fresh ones to write about. So, the following is a list of 6 of my own neurotic habits/quirks that hopefully make me endearing and not scary.


1. I cannot, under any circumstances, share a toothbrush with anyone else. Sometimes Baxter picks mine up by mistake and if I see that the bristles are wet I have to disinfect it in alternating amounts of hot water and Listerine before I can use it. Once I realized half-way through brushing that I was using Baxter's toothbrush and I almost threw up. I know, I know, completely irrational.


2. In the same category - I do not like to drink after someone else. Occasionally I can take a short sip of Baxter's wine to see if I like it, but never near the bottom of the glass. I almost always never finish a drink in a bottle either. Gatorade, water, whatever - I leave about a good inch in the bottom and it goes right down the sink later.



***Obviously I have a problem with spit! There must be a term for this...I'm going to look it up!



3. Speaking of looking it up - I cannot stand to have that "it's on the tip of my tongue" feeling for very long. Some people are not bothered by this but it drives me crazy. I honestly don't know how I survived before the Internet. Now if Baxter and I have a hard time remembering the name of that movie or the sister of that actor or JUST HOW MANY Baldwins there actually are, I go straight to the imdb. I'm pretty sure that makes me a neurotic nerd.



4. I change the side of the bed I sleep on every few months. I don't know any other married person that does this, but tell me if I'm wrong. Every so often, I just want to switch sides and Baxter doesn't seem to mind much. He thinks it's really funny though - especially since I am thoroughly committed to that side of the bed until I want to switch back and will make him move if he's on the "wrong side".



5. I don't like for people to watch me walking towards them. It makes me feel way too self-conscious and awkward. I would much prefer to walk up behind someone and surprise them than to feel their eyes sizing me up as I do my best not to trip or spill something on myself.



6. I don't like to make a scene. I much prefer to keep things very discreet and cool. Baxter is the total opposite. Although we didn't know each other in our teenage years, I can really picture him walking into his high school to the song "Summer of '69", high-fiving everyone and kissing a few girls along the way. It is also impossible to embarrass him and he finds it immensely funny to point out how easily embarrassed I can be. He has been known to say some pretty outlandish things while walking into Publix just to get me to pretend that I don't know him (only to point out that I do know him - very, very loudly)

OK - so I'm supposed to tag six other bloggers to do this - but I only know a few and three of them are already doing it! Oh well, it was still fun! If I make more blogger friends, I'll pass it along then. And if you have a blog and I don't know about it -- please tell me so I can take a gander at it!


1 comment:

Jen said...

First off, have you heard of CHA-CHA? Google it, it will change your life in the same way as IMBD.

And, I too, change sides of the bed whenever I feel like it. I have made progress in this area. The first few years I would decide I was on the "wrong" side in the middle of the night. Now, I at least wait until the next night to claim the side that's mine.