Monday, May 25, 2009

Reflection

I had many responses to the little girl in the street post. It is amazing to me how one incident can continue to impact your life long afterwards. Thank you for your thoughts and hopefully there will be more chapters in that story as they are revealed to me.

I am living in an increasingly small world these days. As I have said before, I don't believe in coincidences, so I have to ponder what the meaning is behind some of the things I see day-to-day. I feel God tugging me in this direction or that. I understand that it isn't always for us to know what the plan is and that I have to let go of my false sense of control. I seem to be doing that much easier these days. I feel like I can be truly present in the moment and I can worry less about what the future will bring. At the same time, I feel like something truly awesome is going to happen for us. It may be nothing I could possibly imagine right now, but I feel it. It may be an awesome job for Baxter, it may be the actualization of my small business, it may be seeing our dream home built or watching Ford or Abby do something surprising. It may be learning a life-lesson worth its' weight in gold. It may be a trial, something so life-changing that it can only be learned through difficulty. Tomorrow will reveal itself in time and for today, I will be joyful in anticipation of what's to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It does seem like you're in a transition phase and that something new and exciting will be revealed. I'm waiting in anticipation along with you to see what it next.