Baxter started his new job two days ago. It wasn't the one he really wanted - that one was filled internally. He took a job he is way too overqualified for at Floor & Decor. I'm having lots of mixed feelings about it. I know it's a transitional job and that it's just a paycheck for now but I have a hard time living in transition. I like to get where I'm going, you know? It's also not a rewarding job or something he's really passionate about. So far, from what he's told me, it's boring and tedious. So, after all of his searching, he finally gets a job that doesn't pay much that is tedious and boring? I guess I'm disappointed. Plus, to make it worse - he had to be at work today at 8AM. I don't know if Sundays are going to always be this way but I'm really disappointed at this too. We just had a great time last week visiting Trinity Church and I really want to go back but I don't want to go alone w/ the kids. I'm just way too self-conscious to do that. So, here I am typing on my blog instead of getting ready for church while my husband is up in
Kennesaw tying on an apron. What do I do with that?
This morning the toilet overflowed. Fun. I would normally call on Baxter to help me out and take care of it but I was able to fix it in under 5 minutes. I was marginally proud of myself. It also
occurred to me that I need to be prepared to fix a lot more toilets with Baxter gone. I'm way too dependent on him. Here's today's list of things I am going to tackle without him here:
- kill the ant mounds
- purchase planting soil and plant herbs in the front
- buy paint for bunk beds and end tables
- buy materials for painting the outside of house
- look for butcher block for kitchen counter
- clean house
- finish laundry & ironing
- bake zucchini bread & apple tart
- plan dinner
Yeah...we'll see!
1 comment:
Chin up, Kiddo. I read a quote this morning that I can't get out of my brain. I knew it was stuck there for some reason. It must have been stuck there for you:
"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Vivian Greene
Post a Comment