Here's a list of items we have had to sell because we're so strapped for cash:
-Baby bedding (outgrew it anyway)
-Train Table (never played with it)
-Double Stroller (don't need it)
-Race Car bed (got bunk beds instead)
-Baxter's Rolex watch (replaced it with a very snazzy camo colored watch from Timex! Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches!)
-Piaget watch left to us from Baxter's Grandmother (this one makes me a little sad)
-Gold & blue topaz ring (hated it, never wore it)
-My engagement ring (currently in consignment, I'm okay with it, at least I have diamonds on my wedding band!)
Here is a list of good things that happened to me in the past week:
-Got together with old friends and felt so very happy and blessed
-Discovered Space Bags, my new favorite thing in my tiny house
-Had an amazing talk with my husband last night about God, absolutely one of our best talks ever!
-Accidentally crashed a party on Sunday and made a bunch of new friends (I'll be writing about that soon)
-Baxter had a GREAT phone interview for a position with the company he really wants to work for, plus it's a senior-level exe. job - not entry level so if he gets it we will be financially stable again!!! His in-person interview is on Monday at 2PM. PLEASE pray that he will do well in his interview and come home with a new job! Abby prayed for Daddy to get a job today - that's enough to break your heart.
We have made a lot of sacrifices, but they are all material. We have never sacrificed our integrity or our character. We have handled our situation with our chins up and that counts for a lot. I am proud of my husband for his very strong spirit and I am proud of us for sticking it out through this very challenging time. Hopefully, God willing, our crisis will soon be over. Meanwhile, I know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow! National Day of Prayer - here I come!
3 comments:
I may be interested in taking some of your items for sale...email me.
I couldn't find an email for you on your other blog, but I would love to be a shopping partner for those green easy spoilage items! We should compare shopping habits sometime!
email me!
karaleighsutton(at)bellsouth.net
I will be praying for you both on Monday. Let us know what happens.
Post a Comment