Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paint Therapy

I love decorating. Along with puppeteer, nurse, teacher, gelato shop owner and motivational speaker, I could have become an interior designer - or maybe a professional painter. I love to paint. I love the rhythm and concentration. Next to yoga, it's the most calming thing I can do. Yesterday, we painted our bedroom a very vibrant color. I want our bedroom to be a bright, cheerful and peaceful retreat from the world. I want to feel as if we've just arrived at our destination every time we go to bed. I want to wake up in a room that feels like it's in another world before we have to get on with life in the real one. That's my goal. To reach that goal, I needed a very passionate color to take us there. I chose Dragon Fruit. Dragon Fruit is an actual fruit and it's gorgeous. Basically, this is what my room should look like when we're all done:



Baxter says it's pink. I keep reminding him that it's called Dragon Fruit. He says I'm turning him into a metrosexual - but I told him to trust me. Thankfully, he does.

1 comment:

The Kiep Kid's Mom said...

I love it! Please post pictures!!