We have crazy mockingbirds near my house. My poor cat is being terrorized by them! First, she got trapped in the park near our house for two days. The pair was guarding the entrance in and out of the park and she had to wait for us to find her. Well, she never came home last night and so today I had to go around the street shaking food. When I turned the corner, I heard her and then saw her under a bushy tree in my neighbor's yard. She wouldn't come to me, only sat there meowing at me to rescue her. I scooped her up and she started eating right there in my arms. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of these crazed birds coming right at me!! Thankfully, I had the dogs with me and I think that scared it off last second or it would have pecked my hair! Baxter now tells me there was a third incident a few days ago when he saw Pumpkin being chased by two birds around the other corner. Well, they've really got it in for us! So what do I do about that? I really hate birds anyway. I mean, I love to hear them sing and I think they're really REALLY pretty and all - but I have never been one of those bird-people who want to keep them in cages, train them to talk, and have a personal relationship with them. Birds always seem a little aggressive to me - they can fly, they have pointy beaks. I'm just now realizing that chickens are birds and I do want chickens. They're different - maybe it's the flying thing. This is what I thought of today...

No comments:
Post a Comment