Kitchen: What I have now is plain white painted cabinets with brass knobs - pretty dreary. What I want is this, sort of. I really want a warmer, more golden color on the cabinets, but you get the idea.
Master Suite: Again, what I have is pretty standard stuff, off-white, I think. I cannot come up with a picture of what I want so I'll do my best to describe it. Dark wood furniture, vibrant red raspberry walls, white trim, white bedding and a small amount of Caribbean blue and lemon yellow. I want to create the look of a Caribbean retreat - bright and exciting while still relaxing. Who knows, maybe I'll start drinking Pina Coladas in bed! And the most important thing? No more computer in our bedroom!!!!!
Abby's Room: The finding pictures thing isn't working out for me right now. Let's just hope your imagination is as good as mine is! She wants pale pink walls with stenciled black cats. Her bed is brass and black. Black antiqued accent tables. Pale pink bedding with at least one faux fur black pillow. We found a black beaded chandelier. One whole wall is already mirrored so when we're done, this room will just reek with fabulousness.
Ford's Room: He wants a hunting room. This was the most difficult one to imagine but by far the funnest to create. Khaki walls adorned with targets to aim his nurf shotguns at. A sign on the outside of the door "posting" the property for trespassers. Black metal bunk beds with heavy mossy netting around the top for camouflage. Oh, and Baxter finally gets to hang a deer head in the house! Wow will he be excited!
Dining Room: Neutral tone, either ecru or gray on the walls. Simple muted tones with a splash or two of raspberry, blue or yellow to tie in some of the other areas of the house.
Den: Same neutral tone as the dining room, natural slip-covered furniture, muted tones overall with some splashes of color from the throw pillows and other accessories.
So, what are my big overall decorative changes? Having downsized and now expanding again, I won't be filling every nook and cranny of my house right away. I'm going to mostly move in first and seek out specific additions as I see fit. I'm not just going to start collecting furniture willy-nilly. We will probably have less artwork on the walls than we used to and certainly more than we do now. I really don't know where I will be putting the big red paintings that hang in our bedroom now. We've had a red thing going on for a while now and I'm pretty tired of it. They might find a home in our finished basement but I'm going to let the walls talk to me before I hang anything up. I want more room for family photos!! And I want to dust less. I am never buying colored or patterned sheets again, or colored towels. In fact, I want white dishes too. I want to simplify and I'm looking for clean lines, less clutter, and more time to relax in our home. I love decorating and I hope to begin in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:
Mmmm...my favorite subject! This always sounds amamzing! I can't wait for pictures! I am also drooling over your finished basement! One last thing, we have white cabinets and we stained them with a tobacco wash by Ralph Lauren from Home Depot. They look great and it was super easy!
Post a Comment