Our contract is signed! Our close date is decided! We are officially buying the house! Also, I got the job at Floor & Decor as their in-house copywriter. I'm still not entirely sure what that means or how much work I will get, but together with Baxter's raise, it should be enough to make ends meet! God is providing! This has been one of those "hairs on your head" kind of moments for me. We trust God to intervene when we are desperate. We cry out to Him when we are in danger or for the sake of a friend in need. But when changes are looming on the horizon, I don't fully trust Him to take care of the little details and He always does.
Nothing is certain, of course. Anything could happen to make this path more or less difficult but that could always be the case. We only have today. I think that it is especially difficult to think only of today when you are buying or selling a house because is requires planning and forethought. After going through what we went through last year, I also question our decisions a little more. So I am taking these last details as a sign that we are making the correct decision to buy this house and that I definitely need to homeschool again next year.
I am really excited about two things. First, I LOVE to decorate. The older I get, the more I wonder why I didn't choose it as a career. I spent the whole drive back from Athens decorating our new house in my head! Some we will do right away and some will have to wait due to cost, but I have a dream of how I eventually want the house to look and I'm so excited about seeing it through! Secondly, I am so tickled that we will be homeschooling again next year. I have really grown to love homeschooling and I am positive that it's the best thing for them right now. I am so glad that I can make this decision instead of having life make the decision for me.
We will be officially through with our school year next Thursday. Expect to see a lot of updating on PTO Blog now that I'm not giving it up. I want to share my curriculum decisions and expectations for next year. 2010 is really shaping up to be a year of forward progress for us! Praise God!
1 comment:
I'm truly happy for you. This is really great news and a good change.
Post a Comment