Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God Isn't Finished With Me Yet

The Lord is still at work here. The past week has been awesome. I finished my resume and applied to two positions that I am actually qualified for. I also attended a mom's night out with my homeschool group friends. I really enjoyed my time with these ladies and I left feeling that I would truly miss them next year. As excited as I have been to jump back into work full-time, it got me thinking. One thing I have realized during this job search, is that many of the jobs I'm looking at are telecommuting ones. That is fabulous. I telecommute now and I'm good at it. I stay motivated, keep on task, and finish my work on time. AMTC's clients are very happy with my work. I know that I could handle something larger in the same vein. Perhaps I could take on more work while continuing to homeschool? With homeschool academies and other options all around me, it is definitely a possibility.

Also, Baxter is having his yearly review this week. It was going to take place at the end of May, so I'm taking this as a sign of divine providence that they are having it now. We know he is going on salary and we know he is getting a raise. What we don't know is how much of one. How wonderful would it be if he comes home with a salary large enough to maintain our standard of living while taking on this mortgage? I know God will provide. I know He will set me in the direction He wants me to go. Nothing is set in stone yet. I know that I would love to continue to homeschool if I can. I have an entire curriculum picked out if I get to use it. I also have other options open to me, including public school. I have a trusting heart. It's an exciting time to be at the precipice of something.

My prayer today is for strength for my husband, that he may know the words to use and the actions to take and that he may glorify God in all his success. My prayer is for my children to continue to take the highest priority in my personal life because raising children is the most important job in the world. I also pray that God will sustain us through all the changes that may come and that we will not turn away from the path He has set for us.

1 comment:

Jen said...

So, how did it go?