Monday, February 8, 2010

Time Crunch

Well, my 3-4 hours is really more like 2 hours at night -- unless I want to stay up until 12:30 writing. I guess I could do that when I'm really into it. However, considering that Baxter sleeps right next to the PC, that wouldn't be very nice on a work-night. So, I just finished writing about hamburgers - 20 pages about hamburgers (oh, and biscuits too). I'm still catching up on what I missed while my computer was out sick and will probably be doing that all week long. Perhaps next week will be lighter from my paid-gig and I can take some time then to focus on creative pursuits. I guess we'll see how it all works out. I did manage to write 1,000 words of bitching today on my homeschool blog. It's not really supposed to be about that but it was just the sort of day I had. Homeschool Mamas -- you know what I mean. It felt great to moan in a place where no one else is likely to hear me. I'm convinced that complaining is a great reason to blog. Once you get it off your chest you can move on. We were able to move on after my post and had a fairly successful day. I think that time and pressure is getting to me a little bit. I also have a great fear of my children not performing as well as they should and that it would all be my fault since I'm their only teacher. I know that's crazy but it's the truth.



Other stuff going on around here: I'm helping organize and host the Valentine's party for our homeschooling group. Tonight something came over me and I volunteered to face-paint. I explained that I am not really experienced with this and have only done it in the past for their old preschool so I hope they don't have their hopes up. It's looking to be a challenging week ahead but I'm ready to tackle it. Do you always have time for everything you want in your life? Are there things you're leaving out that you shouldn't?

1 comment:

Mrs. Kiep's Second Grade Class said...

I know your a wonderful teacher because teaching comes from the heart and you have a true and wonderful one!
About my life...yes, I am struggling with my life and getting everything done. Sometimes I just cry at night about what is undone.