Saturday, February 13, 2010

I *heart* Blogging

I've been keeping up with work nicely since the shift to PM. I haven't had much time for creative writing yet, although I did get a great brainstorming session in one night. I added another layer to the characters that will really bring them to life. I think the past few months of life lessons has definitely seasoned me some more. Plus, I've learned from great writers like C.S. Lewis, that dark themes and struggle is just as appealing to children as it is to adults. I don't want to create something that's so full of sunshines and smiles that you'll want to vomit after reading it. I want something more realistically-unrealistic.



I've also been spending some much needed time updating my homeschooling blog, PTO of One. I'm finally able to see what's working for us and what's not. That was the whole point of starting that blog! However, getting through the last 4 months in one piece was of paramount importance. It's nice that I can finally go back and pick up where I left off and see a nice picture of what we've done so far. I had a really rough Monday and I spewed venom all over the pages of PTO. If you look for that post, I deleted it...sorry. I think I needed to take a step back and concentrate on what we've accomplished so far. Once I started doing that, I realized that we had a lot to be proud of. If you need some great ideas for a geography unit study or are interested in my reviews of the curriculum and books we've been using this year, make sure you visit from time to time.

No comments: