Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Week In Review

What can you do in four days? I am proud to say that we can do A LOT in four days. Our house is coming along. We finished painting the kitchen, painted the utility room, our bedroom, both exterior doors and all of the trim. My wonderful brother painted the livingroom before we arrived. I love the colors we used. We also laid laminate flooring in the kitchen, put new moulding in the kitchen and livingroom, hung up all of the shades, applied privacy film to one window, lined all of the kitchen shelves and drawers, began plumbing the utility room, updated some electrical outlets, and cleared out everything for the final preparations. Needless to say, I was very tired when we got back last night.

We have a few things left to do. Later this week, we plan on leaving one of our cars there. I will transport our china cabinet and breakables then. We will also be painting two floors and refinishing a third floor. We still have to construct the kids bunk beds. My brother is going to begin that before we get back and Baxter will probably help him finish it up.

Let me again mention the extreme support and love of my family during this time. My parents have been working overtime watching the kids while I worked on the house. My mom has cooked us endless meals and settled many sibling disputes. For a woman of 76, I know it is harder than she is willing to admit. My dad has the patience of Job! He has taught Ford and Abby how to play cards. Ford says it is his favorite game. He was very content to sit for hours with his "Papa-Don" and play card games while Abby played Barbies or other girly stuff. Seeing the two of them bond has been so heart-warming to me because my kids have never really had the chance to spend much time with my parents. If for no other reason, this is making the importance of our move so apparent to me. My brother's youngest daughter, Jordan, has also been so helpful. She has volunteered her time and watched over them every chance she had. I think I need to do something special for her. Actually, I really need to do something special for all of them! I could write a whole post on my brother's contributions alone. He has been an absolute angel.

We move in 6 days! I can't believe it! Time to pack...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited! You're going to be so much closer! Woo Hoo!

Jen said...

Wow! You really got a ton done! Impressive. I can't wait to see the house, and of course more Joy in my life!

Unknown said...

...I'm glad you are acutely aware of how blessed you are to have family around during your move. Glad it is going so well.

The Kiep Kid's Mom said...

You are doing such awesome work! We have a pile of laminate to lay in our kitchen thats been in the dining room for 2 months. Feel free to stop by! :) Post us some pictures!