Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nap Day? Yeah, Right!

So, what did you do on National Take a Nap Day? (In case you hadn't heard, that was Monday March 9th.) Well, I guess you can call me a non-observer. I started painting the Smyrna house at 10AM and we finally stopped around 10:30PM. Granted, we took 5 min. to scarf down some Wendy's for lunch and headed to my Mom's for dinner, which took about 45 min. Still, it was a long, hard day of work. We were pretty much doing the same thing on Sunday too. We had a very productive trip and are mostly finished painting. We painted the kids room first. That took a little longer because we decided to prime and paint all of the built in cabinets too. That is a chore but the transformation was a-mazing. Somewhere near the end of that, we primed and painted the bathroom. We came back after dinner and painted the kitchen (including the ceiling) and some cabinets that are going in our room. Now that the back of the house is finished, Baxter can lay floor on our next trip while I paint our bedroom and the livingroom. As always, my brother was a huge help. Not only does he own every tool and device known to man (and I thought our collection was pretty good!) but he is also eager to use them! Thanks Jim! We're here for a couple of days to get caught up on work and take care of our cats and then it's back to Smyrna! I'll keep posting and hopefully remember to take pictures next time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel deeply for you. I hate painting! Bleh.

Rachael said...

aren't brothers the best? :)