Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Joy In Transit

Our official moving date is set!! March 28th!! Yes, I realize that's only 10 days from now but we've done so much to prepare for it already. We're taking some things now and over the weekend in preparation such as artwork, window treatments and such. I may go ahead and bring my china cabinet because the curved glass is so expensive to replace, I'd like to make sure it survives the move! The house needs to be move-in ready after this weekend. That gives us Monday-Friday to pack everything. Since this is the 7th or 8th time I've moved, packing is really just a chore - not so daunting as it used to be.

I have scheduled our phone, internet, satellite and such for transfer & installation to the new homestead. I have forwarded our mail. Today we sold the train table and Ford's racecar toddler-bed. So, we're preparing in big and little ways. There is a big part of me that likes moving (obviously - since I've done it so many times). The excitement is starting to take over and I'm so ready to be out of Athens and back home. The jonquils are blooming - it's a great time to be back in Atlanta! I probably won't take the time to post here until after we're all settled in. I'm sure moving will give me lots to write about!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our movers are coming to haul off the furniture on the 28th too! It's somewhat comforting knowing someone else will be going through the same thing simultaneously. Good luck!