Did I spell that right? I took French but, let's face it, everyone knows a little Espanol these days. Well, we're in our house! Moving was much more difficult than we anticipated. We are older and flabbier and lifting stuff is hard. Back when Baxter and I were dating, I broke my foot. While on crutches just a few weeks later, I had to move out of my house. You see, it is difficult to earn a living as a waitress with a broken foot...So, I needed to move to a cheaper place for a while. I packed boxes seated in a chair. I hopped around and organized. Even at 22, I had a lot of stuff. I had to have a lot of help from friends and family to get it all done and it was tough. However, moving with a broken foot at 22 is still not as difficult as moving with two tired feet at 32.
The good news: everything that I wanted to fit in this little house has fit! Our kitchen is unpacked and I made pancakes for breakfast this morning. It is starting to feel like home.
The bad news: we can never buy anything else again!!! We are so tightly packed in here that I am even pondering the addition of a fruit bowl for the table. You know your space is small when you think long and hard about buying one bowl.
The good news: our plumbing is fixed so we can shower here now and the roof is no longer leaking (yes there are two stories there - but I am just too busy to go into all of that)
The bad news: our phone line says it's busy every time it rains.
The good news: I have bought groceries so the kids won't starve. I even bought some microwave popcorn!
The bad news: we don't have a microwave yet...
The good news: we like cozy.
The bad news: we might get tired of cozy pretty fast!
So, I still have to finish putting our bedrooms together and that might take a while. We like the house and we love our new neighbors. In fact, Jared and Anna have already invited us to church with them! How nice is that? I think we'll be very happy here and if it stops raining, that would be even better. Okay, time to go put away toys...
4 comments:
You should come see how the five of us are crammed in our little house.
Fruit bowls and microwaves become optional very quickly.
The bad news- your house will get trashed very quickly.
The good news- your house will get clean very quickly.
So when will you be ready to play?
O.K.,
I have to ask...Do Jared and Anna go to trinity? We have a ton of friends that are friends with a "jared and Anna" and I think they live in Smyrna. I've probably met them myself, I'm just terrible with putting names and faces together. How funny that would be if it's the same people. If so, I know they're good people to become friends with.
Yes they do! Is that your church too? That is really strange! What a small world! Actually, though, Jared called Baxter today and asked us if we wanted to buy their house (long term plan to build, and we were thinking about buying another lot.. blah, blah, blah) anyway - apparently our new friends and neighbors are considering a move to Florida so boooooo!!! I hope they stay. Anna really loves Trinity and thought that we'd like to try it out and we probably will soon!
Congrats!
Post a Comment