
I have to share something with you. Baxter has an old friend named Ross Gordon. He and Baxter both graduated from Western State College in Gunnison, Colorado. In his late 30's, Ross has not yet settled down. He's never been married, has no kids and has an occupation that allows him to remain as unsettled as he likes for as long as he likes (i.e., Ross is a photographer). Ross lives in Louisville, KY and they don't talk everyday on the phone. That's why Baxter only found out yesterday about Ross' latest adventure. When Baxter called him yesterday, Ross informed him that he had missed the UGA/Kentucky game and was already in Texas, heading for Mexico. Baxter had no idea what he was talking about and Ross filled him in. He has just begun his journey around the world in his 1971 Volkswagon Bug. He also directed him to the web site and blog that he set up. Reading his story was a nice break from all of the election fallderall. Please visit his web site and read what he's doing. I plan on keeping up with his blog as he makes this remarkable trip and I might even post updates myself. He is very literally driving around the world. He will have to put his Bug on a boat a few times; but the concept is very intriguing. What a great deal of optimism one must have to take on an adventure of this size? Since his web site has a place where friends or admirers can also make donations, I am assuming he is slightly underfunded as well. What will happen to him? There is no way to know. What he will see along the way? Only time will tell. But one thing is for sure; I am anxious to find out and I can't wait to see the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment