This week, Abby got her ears pierced. It was a totally spur of the moment decision that I never saw coming. In fact, we had always said we would wait until she was truly old enough to do all the aftercare herself before she could have it done. However, several friends her age have had it done and the begging had begun. It occured to me the other day that if she got her ears pierced now, they would have time to heal before the wedding that's coming up and she and her cousin could wear the same earrings. Then, I found out that she would be given a pair of earrings as part of her gift for being in the wedding. So, suddenly I found myself saying, "Hey! Wanna go get your ears pierced?" She was ultra-excited. The fact that it came out of left-field was a big surprise to her. She got to pick her earrings, they are cute gold hearts with a pink rhinestone in the middle...very Abby! I need to make better pictures of her, but these are the ones I have - she's just too cute!
1 comment:
She is such a doll! Mary had hers pierced around the same age. She enjoys wearing earrings and playing in mine! Enjoy this new special bond you have with your daughter!
Post a Comment