Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

So, that was pretty dark. I feel like I need to update. I am operating at normal capacity today. Yesterday, I felt much better after venting. This blog thing can be very cathartic when you need it to be. I did finish those "to-do's" and I think the sense of accomplishment helped some. I have gotten a lot done today and am right on track for Christmas. On the list for today:

Ironing
Bean Soup
Baking
Grocery shop
Floors

Not too much. Should be able to finish it. I've already started the bean soup.

Christmas is going to be fun. I have high hopes for Christmas morning and I can't imagine not enjoying every minute of it. Thanks to those of you who showed concern yesterday - don't worry, there isn't a doctor in his right mind who would prescribe me anti-depressants. I'm just being very open here and I'm finding that openness can be very spirit-lifting. I'm going to get up a bit early tomorrow morning and sit by my tree with coffee in hand, pondering the reason for this season. Beginning the day with reflection and thanksgiving is the most basic way to start Christmas. I encourage anyone who is having a difficult time this year to focus on the real reason we celebrate and to invite that joyous feeling at the birth of salvation and hope into your hearts. My hope is that we all have a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

been thinking about you that past couple of days and now I see why. My heart goes out to you. Just keep treading water and you'll find solid ground soon enough. Sorry, that sounds cheesy. I just always felt like grief is like the waves in the ocean. Sometimes they can pull you down, other times it's calm.

Love you.