I just realized that it's been almost a month since I last posted here. Yuck. Sorry. It has been a particularly difficult month physically and that has but a bit of a strain on my ability to write. I am still working on my book and I'm managing to keep up with copywriting assignments, but both my examiner page and this blog have suffered. I should be able to be more consistent now that I'm feeling better. School with the children is going well. I remember the beginning of last year feeling a little awkward but this was so smooth I hardly needed to explain anything. We just dove right in!
I have health insurance again!! WHOO HOOO!!! Let me preface this by saying I am NOT in favor of universal-government-run-healthcare. However, living without access to coverage because of my pre-existing condition (type 1 diabetes) had been very difficult indeed. Thankfully, Baxter's job has provided us with awesome benefits which started kicking in on Tuesday. I had my first appointment with my new Endocrinologist today. I had no idea who to go see so I prayed about it and literally just picked him off of our list (of about 70 providers). He is wonderful! I think God answered my prayers very clearly here. The practice is the most cutting-edge in the city, the care is incredible and his bedside manner is the best I've ever experienced. If you need an Endocrinologist...see Dr. Bode!!
We are settling into what appears to be a very busy season for us. Soccer practice alone could put me in an early grave. However, we all feel up to the task and will just take it as it comes.
One last thing, I'm going through a new phase in my relationship with my parents. My parents are aging. We're all aging, I know, but my dad is now 78 and my mom is 76. They're no spring chickens. It is difficult to watch your parents grow old and feeble - daddy especially. I feel a great change coming on and I'm only 32. I'm not prepared for it. I should be but I'm not. As we all reach these middle years of our lives, prayer becomes so important. I am going to focus more of my prayer life on my children and my parents. We all have our concerns for these groups in our lives and I feel torn between concern for the two. It is stressful and must be what causes grey hair! I've never felt like I've had to write down prayer requests because I can remember them just fine. Now, they seem to be piling up all around me. I'm going t need a journal!
No comments:
Post a Comment