Monday, November 15, 2010

November Rain

Yucky Monday, huh? I don't really have time to post but I want to anyway. As many of you know, I'm pretty busy these days. In fact, I'm so busy that there are days when I do not stop from about 6:30 am until 10 pm. That makes me sound overwhelmed, crazy, and unhappy. But the truth is, I'm more happy and fulfilled than I have felt in a long time. I love burning the candle at both ends, and until I "adjust" into this hectic schedule and figure out how to manage my time a little better, I'm content to be spent.

Sure, there are days when I wish Baxter knew how to operate the washer or pick up his shoes and there are times when my kids make me want to pull out my hair; but overall, I feel unwasted and that is uplifting enough for the time being.

I have officially become a career girl with her own business. My copywriting business is bring me in about triple what I made a year ago and it's helping tremendously. I also have big plans to triple my income again within the next year. Where did all these professional goals come from?? My kids are proud of me and I am too. Boy is it funny how quickly life can change.

So, I just dashed off some work and now I'm about to take my mom to the grocery store in the rain. She kills me sometimes. When I get back, I will start a reorganizing project for my pre-Thanksgiving preparations. Tomorrow I will work from 8-12, volunteer at the school from 12:30 -2, clean house until piano practice at 3:30, help with homework until 5:30, make dinner, clean up from dinner, read to the kids, tuck them in, work some more, go to sleep, and get up the next day to start all over again. Exhausting? Yes. Worth it? You bet.

No comments: