Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ramble On...

So, today was the busiest day I've probably ever had and it all stressed me out. We started early this morning, getting ready for soccer. Ford's end-of-season-party was donuts and cocoa before his last game - laid back and wonderful. His team won. No, we're not supposed to keep score, but with Alajandro on the team, it's fun to keep score.

Lunch at Decoeur de France. There are no words to describe how perfectly delicious everything was. Baxter: smoked salmon eggs benedict. Kids: Croque Monseiurs. Me: goat cheese and green onion omelet with croissant and homemade preserves. Plus, 2 orders of the most amazing hash browns you'll ever taste, one crepe with strawberries and one crepe with nutella to split. Oh, and we also took home chocolate eclairs that we ate in the car because we're total pigs!

Costume change #2, then Abby's last soccer game. They also won - yay! I love our soccer teams. The parents are all awesome and the kids are all really genuine, silly, fun kids. Too bad my kids don't like to play soccer!! I am not pushing them. I don't do that. But at what point do you say, "you know, I don't want to pay for this anymore if you're not going to run..."

Stevi B's is a crappy, crappy place. I'll never go there again. It's like Cici's Pizza, but worse. We paid for tokens for the "arcade" and most of the games took quarters. The cheese could not have been real. I wonder what it was made of.

Not all trophies are created equal. Abby's looks like a lesbian. Why can't they find a cute girl to put on top of the girls trophies instead of a man with boobs? Abby doesn't have boobs. And she doesn't look like a man. Next time, I'm going to suggest one with a soccer ball on top.

Costume change #3 & Abby went to her first sleepover. It's 11:30 and she hasn't called me, so I guess she's okay. Wow. That feels like a milestone.

I love that we can walk over to our neighbors' house and hang out. Fun night. Words of wisdom part 2: I can sing karaoke but I can't sing just any song. I need to work on my song selection. I need to channel my inner Simon Cowell.

My house is a wreck. I agree with Jen. I don't like to do chores. The only thing I like doing is purging. I could totally be that Clean House lady.

I love google. I'm good at it. It's all in the wrist. Right now, in my search box are the words (from earlier) "red spot in eye white." I love that I can instantly find out that Ford doesn't need to go to the doctor. If it weren't for google, they'd have banned me from the office long ago.

I'm a terrible dancer, although I sometimes do it anyway. I would love to take ballroom with Baxter if only he would. Debbie Gibson's "Out of the Blue" was one of my favorites and I can still sing all the words to most of it. I used to dance to it too. I had a beret that I liked wearing. I remember tearing holes in my jeans and drawing a face on my knee just like the album cover. I'm pretty sure I also pulled my shirt off my shoulder for this particular look. She's probably the reason I always wanted tousled/curly hair.

Older men are sexy. I love that Baxter has a few years on me. I love it that his hair is a little "salty" here and there but that he still looks really young for his age. It's like knowing a secret all the time.

I almost named Abby "Alice" and I kind of wish I had from time to time, although Abigail is nice. If I had another boy, I would name him James after my dad. If I had another girl, I might also name her Jaymes.

On Thursday, the kids and I painted pictures on canvas outside. We were trying to be Impressionists. It was fun. I'm like Matisse in his use of bold colors and distinct lines. I like my painting and secretly think I could probably have been an artist. Maybe I'll be like Grandma Moses.

I'm very busy and life is very good. I have moments, like while we were painting, when I feel like I'm just basking in the sun. But most of the time, I'm a little blue. I am wearing black and I feel like wearing black. I feel dark and somber despite the goodness around me. Is it too early to be longing for spring?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My boys got their soccer trophies last week. I noticed that the girls got these really cute trophies. Each "girl" trophy had a pony tail. I noticed Wyatt looking at it with envy. I know he would have rather have one of the girl trophies.

My parent's LOVE Stevie B's and we often meet there with my brother and his kids. I hate the place too, but I'm outnumbered.

I can't wait for David to start getting grey in his hair. So far only his beard is salt and pepper.

Keep on wearing your black if that's what you want. It's all a part of the process...

Jen said...

YEA!! Joy joined! This is totally like our three way calling days.

I love the trophy thing, that is hilarious.

Yes, Stevie B's is gross. Jennifer made me go there once.

Also glad you named the French place, where is it? Are you still in France?

Maybe we need the phone...

The Kiep Kid's Mom said...

Another great post! You have always had great hair. We hate Stevie B's too. Tim has quite a few years on me and I love it! I wear black almost everyday. Let's wait a bit longer for spring. I haven't made a fire yet. :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe anything is worse than CiCi's pizza :P