I drove to Athens today for my good friend's son's birthday party. It was great seeing them today and seeing her adorable baby bump! We also had the chance to see Ellie and my inlaws beforehand. She was so excited to see us and the kids had so much fun playing with her again. I have to admit that although seeing family and friends was great, there was something that I did today that I found even more wonderful. Since I was on the road for 3 hours total, I actually had time to THINK. I've been so busy lately writing scripts for work, writing for my new job, summer activities with the kids and house projects that I really haven't had time to sit and think at all. I enjoyed tooling down the road while my mind wandered away from me. The first part of the car trip actually evolved into a conversation with my kids about God and creation. It was so nice to sit in the car and talk with my kids away from TV's and more urgent activities. I need to make time like that more. It's sad that I have to strap them down for 3 hours in order to talk to them! It was such a beautiful day (although very hot) and the sunshine through my window did me some good.
So what did I think about? I feel so closely connected with God these days in a way I'm not sure I've ever felt. I found myself seeing part (emphasis on part) of the big picture. It's amazing what confidence comes over you when you know you are allowing yourself to listen to God in your day-to-day decisions. Looking back, I believe God has been leading me all the time. How can you live with regret in your heart if you are exactly who God wants you to be? Who am I to question His infinite wisdom? In our culture, it's so easy to get caught up in our busy lives that we forget the most basic things that we need like prayer and contemplation. So, if you're reading this post, I challenge you to think more and meditate on those questions or feelings you're having. It's well worth the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment