Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Creative Energy


Okay, I've done something impulsive - I started writing a book yesterday. I have been thinking about it for a while now and even wrote about it in a recent New Year's post. Still, the actual beginning of it was rather sudden. At 5:15, I literally sat down, looked up a template on Microsoft Online, and started typing. In 20 minutes, I had written the Foreword. This morning and tonight, I wrote Chapter 1 - 2300 words so far just like that. It feels very natural and for the first time in all of my attempts at this, I feel like I know what I'm doing. Anyway, with all of my creative energy going towards this, not to mention the other writing I actually get paid to do, I'm afraid I'm going to have to put off blogging for a while. I will still post pictures and maybe brief stuff here and there but until I'm finished writing the book, I need every bit of juice I can muster. So, to all 3 of you that read this, I bid you farewell! Wish me luck - or better yet - whisper a prayer for me if you will because it will probably get a whole lot tougher as I continue.


Dreams are the stuff of joy. Never let go of your dreams.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sad, I love reading your blog! But I am sure impressed with your book. 2300 words in one sitting, WOW!

Myrna said...

Well, I just posted a soup recipe on my food blog so all is not lost ;-) Who knows, maybe I'll write my book in a weekend like "The Bridges of Madison County"! That's unlikely though.

Unknown said...

Huh, wait!? I just started reading and now you are not going to write anymore? Blasphemy! I say you'll want to occasional break from book writing and you'll keep going. At least I hope so.