- Our 1st annual Christmas Eve Weenie-Roast complete with smores, board games, and a viewing of "A Christmas Story"
- Reading "The Crippled Lamb" by Max Lucado and the poem "A Visit From St. Nicholas" to Ford and Abby before bed
- Tracking Santa on the NORAD web site and hearing Ford say, "we'd better go to bed or he's going to skip our house!"
- Watching "It's A Wonderful Life" with Baxter while we put together all of Santa's toys
- Watching the kids play and wonder at all of the toys left for them
- Leaving our stockings so overflowing that we had to stick stuff up on the mantle and realizing that since stocking treasures are from us and not St. Nick, it made it their favorite part the whole morning
- Baxter, once again, blind-siding me with a Christmas surprise in my stocking. He really gets me every year!
- Playing Wii all day in our pajamas
- Driving remote control cars up and down the street
- Sharing food, drink, and merriment with friends whose plans changed last minute
- Driving around looking at Christmas lights
- Feeling so blessed by God that if I spent too much time reflecting on it, tears would come to my eyes, and just allowing my heart to be warm and thankful and completely happy surrounded by all those I love
Friday, December 26, 2008
Savor Christmas
I could paint a picture for you of Christmas day but my post would be 10 miles long. Instead, here is a list of some of my favorite Christmas moments that I would like to remember:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a perfect Christmas in my book. And probably for your kids, too. How I wish we could have done that. We did do the NORAD thing, and had "It's a Wonderful Life" on while we played Santa. But we did far too much running around, as always. I am so resolved that we will not do that next year.
Post a Comment